What is Online Roulette all About?
Roulette is a casino table game that involves a wheel of numbers colored randomly in either red or black, and players betting on an adjacent felt table on which number and/or color the ball thrown onto the wheel will land on when the wheel stops spinning. If you get it right you win, if you don’t, you lose - it’s that simple!
The Rules of Online Roulette
- In Roulette, you are playing against the casino, and as such, each casino can determine what its house edge will be.
- European Roulette has a wheel with numbers 0-36, and American Roulette has a wheel with numbers 0-36 plus 00 (which increases the house edge, so stay away from it!).
- Up to 8 players are allowed at each online Roulette table.
- The person who spins the wheels, accepts bets and announces results is called the ‘Croupier’, and is instead of a dealer.
Please refer to our simplified graph of the Roulette betting table in order to understand the betting rules:
|1 to 18||1st 12||1||2||3|
|2 to 1||1 to 1||2 to 1|
- Straight up: betting on any single number.
- Split bet: a bet split between 2 numbers - done by placing the chip on the line separating between 2 numbers on the board.
- Street bet: a bet on a row of 3 number, e.g.: 1, 2 and 3
- Corner bet: a bet on 4 numbers - done by placing the chip on the cross separating 4 numbers.
- Line bet: a bet on 6 numbers in 2 rows - done by placing the chip on the ‘T’ separating 2 rows.
- Column bet: a bet covering 12 numbers, e.g.: 1-34 - done by placing the chip on the 2 to 1’ of the corresponding column.
- Dozen bet: a bet covering a group of 12 numbers, IE - 1-12, 13-24, 25-36 - done by placing the chip on the boxes 1st 12, 2nd 12 and 3rd 12.
- Color bet: a bet on either red or black.
- Even/Odd bet: a bet on the number being either even or odd.
- Low/High bet: a bet on either the lower or higher half of the numbers, e.g.: 19-36.
How to Play Roulette Online
Playing online roulette is a no-brainer. Simply follow these easy steps:
- Choose the chip amount you want to play roulette with by clicking on it.
- Place your bet by clicking on the board in the area you wish to place the chip, e.g: placing the chip on the square marked ""red"" means that you are betting on the ball landing on a red number.
- Either click on the Roulette wheel or press “spin” in order to begin the game.
- The result will be displayed on the results board above the betting table, and the amount you have won or lost under ‘credit’.
- Repeat these steps to play Roulette for another round.
The Importance of Online Roulette Odds
Betting at the online Roulette table is the only element of control you have over the game, as the number and color the ball lands on is based completely on luck. As such, choosing what to bet on and how, wisely ,can significantly increase your winnings. This is why knowing the following Roulette odds is so crucial:
|Straight up||35 to 1|
|Split||17 to 1|
|Street||11 to 1|
|Corner||8 to 1|
|Line||5 to 1|
|Column||2 to 1|
|Dozen||2 to 1|
|Color||1 to 1|
|Even/Odd||1 to 1|
|High/Low||1 to 1|
- Warning for Sports Betters in South Africa
- From 18.03.2013
- Armed Robbery at Carnival City Casino
- From 24.02.2013
- Gordon Igesund to Remain as South Africa’s Coach
- From 20.02.2013
- Poor Start for South Africa in Africa Cup of Nations
- From 06.02.2013
- South Africa vs New Zealand Test Betting Preview
- From 10.01.2013
- African Sporting Highlights from 2012
- From 03.01.2013
- Lucky Slot Players Wins $17.3 Million Slots Jackpot
- From 17.12.2012
- Zynga SVP of Mobile Not Worried Over End of Facebook Deal
- From 13.12.2012