What is Baccarat
Baccarat is one of the most popular casino card games around. It has an elitist history centred around French nobility and to this day the game has retained its reputation as a high class full of prestige. To this day, if you play in a land casino you will often see the Baccarat players in their own special sections which are reserved for high rollers and large bankrolls, luckily though it is open for all to enjoy online. The idea of the game is fairly simple to grasp, the game is played with six decks of cards and all you need to do is put together a hand which is as close to 9 in value as possible.
How the Game Works
The first thing to understand is the card values. 10’s, Jacks, Queens and Kings are all worth zero, Aces are worth one and the rest (i.e. 2 through 9) are worth their face value.
As stated above, somewhat similarly to Blackjack, the aim in Baccarat is to build a hand worth as close as possible to 9. However there is a major difference, where in Blackjack you can go bust, you can’t in Baccarat. If your hand is worth more than nine you simply drop the ten digit from the value. For instance, if you have a hand containing a 7 and a 5, instead of being worth 12, you drop the ten digit and the hand is only worth 2.
However, before you are dealt cards you first need to place a bet. There are three types of bet that can be placed :
- Player bet: This pays even money on a win
- Banker bet: This wins more often but the casino will usually take a proportion of the winnings.
- Tie bet: This normally pays 8:1 but will vary from casino to casino.
What this means is that you are betting on either the player to win, the banker to win or a tie between player and banker.
Once you have placed your bet each player is dealt two cards. If your hand has a value of 9 then you have automatically won. If your hand is low in value then you have the option to draw more cards to try and get closer to 9.
How to Actually Play Online Baccarat
It is easy to use Baccarat software, it doesn’t require much more than placing a bet and deciding whether to draw more cards or not. Just follow these easy steps.
- Open the Baccarat Software and access the lobby.
- Choose a Baccarat game and whether you want to play in Fun mode or Real Money mode (be sure to have money in your account for this option).
- Decide on how much money you want to bet by clicking on the relevant chip at the bottom of the screen.
- Place your bet by putting it on the appropriate area on the table in front of you.
- Click on “Deal” to begin the game and receive your first two cards and decide whether or not you want to draw another card.
Additional industry information
Tax reductions ensure the gambling industry’s growth
Multi-National support at PlayUnited now includes South Africa
SA Online Casino Gamblers Now Able to Use Ukash
Online Casino Industry Opening Up To South Africa
Update on Legal Landscape of Online Casino Gambling in SA
Online Betting Giant Loses, Players Win
Australian government asks for tenders for sportsbook license
Legalized Sports Betting Now Being Considered in Delaware
Casino Software Developers, Orbis Technology, Sign New Licensing Deal
- Warning for Sports Betters in South Africa
- From 18.03.2013
- Armed Robbery at Carnival City Casino
- From 24.02.2013
- Gordon Igesund to Remain as South Africa’s Coach
- From 20.02.2013
- Poor Start for South Africa in Africa Cup of Nations
- From 06.02.2013
- South Africa vs New Zealand Test Betting Preview
- From 10.01.2013
- African Sporting Highlights from 2012
- From 03.01.2013
- Lucky Slot Players Wins $17.3 Million Slots Jackpot
- From 17.12.2012
- Zynga SVP of Mobile Not Worried Over End of Facebook Deal
- From 13.12.2012